Join us in 3 Conversations!
Jesus gives all of his followers what is called the great commission, so you and I, as followers, are commissioned by Jesus in a fantastic way. A commission is an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people. Jesus’ instruction to us is to make disciples for him. That means we are to help other people become followers of Jesus. At Saint Mary parish we seek to be an outpost of this great commission of Jesus, by sharing him with the world. Parishes that want to fulfill their potential as outposts of the great commission must have clergy, staff, and parishioners that ooze the love that comes from prayer, fellowship, and sharing Jesus with the world. We have developed three simple conversations to help all of our clergy, staff, and parishioners to do just that.
What are the 3 Conversations?
Helping to make followers of Jesus revolves around these three conversations which help followers make other followers. The first conversation is simply praying with people. We will teach you how. The second conversation is sharing your life journey and how maybe you have experienced God in your life. The third conversation is sharing how we might see our life like a ministry. Ministry means service. Do we serve God by leading other people to him and his Son Jesus? If not, how might we find ways to do that?
You do not have to be an expert on Catholicism to have these conversations. You only need to be positive and humble. We want to help you have these conversations with others. The first step is to allow us to teach you how to have these conversations by being part of a 3 Conversations Group. It is only three meetings, three conversations. There’s no need to prepare, just your willingness to attend and participate.
Check back for our next opportunity to join a 3 Conversations group in January 2021.
3 Conversations Prompts
To review our 3 Conversations you can visit our Homilies webpage where you can access our homily blog or podcast! For help to get your conversations going see prompts below.
- Intentional prayer:
- Ask where do you struggle with prayer…(with who, for, what, etc)
- Share what you need prayer for first: be personal, vulnerable, and real.
- Ask each person how we can pray for them.
- Leaders pray over each person’s intentions.
- Share your story:
- Tell us a little bit about how you came to know Jesus personally.
- If you’re stuck on (a) ask something like: Were there times where you thought God was active in your life, and can you tell us a little about that?
- Share where you are now in your journey.
- Where do you hope to go on your journey?
- How is your life a ministry:
- Do you struggle seeing your life as a ministry?
- Share how what you do in your life brings others close to Christ or how it could bring others close to Christ.
- Tell us a little bit about how you answered the call to serve Christ where you are. This could be any role in life, if doing it in such a way that gives witness to being a Christian.